Fresh Start

Sunday, January 4, 2015


Outfit #1 
Layer 8 Sweatshirt and Leggings - c/o Marshalls

Outfit #2 
Kyodana Sweater & Leggings - c/o Marshalls
Nick's Burton Button-up - c/o Marshalls
















With the new year always comes some sort of resolution- whether it's cutting back on sweets, working out more or waking up earlier...there's a resolution for it!
Every year I always try to start a workout regiment. I always set such high goals and don't last more than a month. Life gets busy, the weather gets too cold, or sitting home curled up with warm coffee sounds waaay better than running 3 miles. Or in my case, running about a block then walking the rest. Hah! This year I decided to skip the lofty goals and just try to be a healthier me. I want to refresh my life with more outdoor time. What's great about my resolution, is that it also equals more family time. I can take Uriah with me on my morning runs (or walks!) and we can hike together as a family. 
I love the idea of being able to enjoy the outdoors, while staying fit!

One thing that is always lacking is my active wear selection. Usually it's comprised of tie-dye shirts, simple running capris and old sweatshirts. While they may be comfortable, they are seriously lacking in the fashion department. And I know, at least for myself, that I feel way more comfortable in something I'm not embarrassed to be seen in. Am I right, ladies?! I headed over to Marshalls to check out their active wear department and let me tell you- it did not disappoint! I bought 2 new pairs of running leggings, some great pull-over sweaters, and a few workout essentials (water bottle, new headphones since I always loose mine, and a portable speaker). I can mix and match all the items I picked out and they are such amazing quality. The sweaters are so thick, but still extremely soft which makes it comfortable for a long workout. I love the details on both of the sweatshirts- the Kyodana quarter-zip has a cute herringbone pattern and the Layer 8 pull-over has a great cowl neck detail with a cute shoestring tie. It's perfect for keeping my neck warm during a run and doesn't look like a typical sweatshirt. 
One brand that is always at Marshalls is Kyodana. If you haven't tried this brand, you are totally missing out. The Marshalls close to me always carries an amazing selections. They have so many beautiful prints for their yoga pants and the fabrics they use are such incredible quality. It's so similar to Lululemon but costs a fraction of the price. I snagged 2 pairs of leggings for under $45! I couldn't even buy one pair at an active wear store for that price. 

Thanks to Marshalls I'm able to stay fashionable while trying to maintain my new years resolutions, Because let's face it, whether you like the fashion or not, quality active wear really does make a difference and when you can purchase it for such an affordable price- it's a no brainer! Now, I'm not signing up for any marathons any time soon, but you just might see me running around town in some cute workout outfits ;)

Did you set any New Year's resolutions or goals?



Disclosure: I have received free products or value from Marshalls or The TJX Companies, Inc. 
in connection with my affiliation with Marshalls Project FAB
All opinions are my own.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!